Registration for the Critical Care and Paramedic Rapid Recertification Programs are due in the EMS Office Monday April 18, 2016. The Practical Skills exam is Saturday June 4, 2016 and the written exam is Thursday test date is June 16, 2016.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION APRIL 28, 2016
Nominations for 2015 Midstate and New York State Awards are currently being accepted. For State Consideration nominations must be completed on the state form (http://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/ems/emsawards.htm).
- Basic Life Support Provider of the Year
- Advanced Life Support Provider of the Year
- EMS Agency of the Year
- Deb Hart Award (Midstate Award)
- EMS Educator of Excellence
- EMS Communications Specialist of the Year
- Registered Nurse of Excellence
- Physician of Excellence
- Harriet C. Weber EMS Leadership Award
Nominations should be submitted to Midstate REMSCO 14 Foery Drive Utica NY 13501 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Morrisville College will host a First Responder Class starting May 5, 2016. Classes will be Thursday evening 7-10PM (and occasional Saturdays) this class will test on Thursday June 16. To register or for more information contact Bob Sturdevant at 363-6518.
Ready for a fast paced Original Emergency Medical Technician Class? Starting May 12 and completing August 18 the class will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 630PM till 1030PM at the EMS Office in Utica. Register on-line at midstateems.org or call 738-8351
February’s online CME Recertification sessions are on:
Sunday Feb 21 COCVAC noon to one
Wednesday Feb 24 EMS Training Center 7pm to 8 pm
Please register at midstateems.org
You must bring with you to the session:
· NIMS Certificates: ICS 100 and 700 and Haz Mat 5.a (a FF 1 certificate or a Haz Mat Awareness or higher cert will be accepted in place of 5.a)
· Paramedics must also bring a copy of NIMS ICS 200
· A letter (not a form from the state) from your agency verifying you are enrolled with the state in the CME Recertification Program
· You must bring the required material on the date you attend or you will not be allowed to take the program you will have to register for another session and bring the paperwork to that session.
· A self-addressed stamped envelope
Madison County Emergency Management is partnering with other local agencies to promote a seminar on current trends in substance abuse. Attached is a flier for this upcoming seminar. It is being held on March 7th at 9-11am and repeated 7:30-9pm at the Colgate Inn, 7 Payne St., Hamilton, NY. This is a free event.
The presenter is Officer Jermaine Galloway. He is highly regarded as one of the nation’s top experts in various drug and alcohol trends. His countless hours of research keep his presentations current, evolving with the trends. These efforts have won Officer
Galloway 3 national awards and 1 international award, since 2009. As one of the top resources in the country for drug tends, Officer Galloway has trained more than 75,000 people nationwide!
T O P I C S C O V E R E D :
Alcohol and drug clothing
Alcoholic energy drinks
Alcohol and drug concealment methods and containers
Drug related music and groups, logos, stickers, new technology
Youth party tendencies, party games
Non-traditional alcoholic beverages
Social networking sites
Synthetic drugs, OTC drugs
Inhalants, concentrates, E-cigarettes, and popular party drugs
These new trends are very popular and it is important for parents, community members and all who are involved in prevention, education, treatment or enforcement to understand these sweeping changes in the drug culture. For each person to help prevent youth and adult substance abuse, you must know what is going on in your community.
To pre-register go to: http://goo.gl/forms/5fM2G9qgxs. Additional information on this event can be secured by calling 315-264-7640.
The Basic EMT Original and Refresher class at Foery Drive Utica is cancelled for tonight